2017 © Digital NRG
Find us here
HOW DO I CHECK PRICES AND AVAILABILITY?
- The grid below shows availability in green, start dates are in bold and underlined. Our season runs between March and November.
- Alternatively click here for our 2020 price list. Please note this list does not show availability. For up to date availability we recommend the grid below.
If you need any help please don’t hesitate to give us a call on: 01873 830001 and speak to Nick, Sharon or Joe.
HOW DO I BOOK MY HOLIDAY?
- Read our Conditions of Hire below.
- Click on your chosen start date below and follow the instructions to place your provisional booking.
- We will email you to confirm details and to let you know how to pay your deposit of £200. This can be paid by card, cheque or bank transfer.
- Once we have received your deposit, the booking is confirmed and we will send you your confirmation pack in the post.
- The balance is due within twenty-eight days of your holiday start date and we will email you to let you know when this is due.
- We look forward to welcoming you aboard and hope you have a great holiday.
If you need any help with your booking please don’t hesitate to give us a call on: 01873 830001 and speak to Nick, Sharon or Joe.
For handheld devices please turn your screen sideways to view availability
- The following conditions apply to all hires from Castle Narrowboats. Please also check our Campervan and/or Narrowboat conditions as they will differ dependent on your chosen hire vehicle (Hire vehicle refers to the campervan or boat).
- BROCHURE. The descriptions given in the online brochure are as accurate as possible but we cannot be held liable for any small inaccuracies or changes due to improvements to the hire fleet.
- BOOKINGS. A provisional reservation can be made by phoning (01873) 830001 or emailing us and getting a confirmation. This will be held for an agreed period to enable a booking to be made. The hire vehicle is not booked until the completed, signed booking form and deposit have been received and a confirmation of booking despatched.
- PAYMENT. The hirer is responsible for the whole hire charge and payment must be made 28 days before the commencement of the holiday The hire charge includes VAT at the current rate but is subject to change depending on the rate in force at time of your holiday.
- CANCELLATION. Should the hirer cancel the booking we will make every endeavour to rehire the vehicle. If we are successful the hirer will no longer need to pay the balance of the hire charge, but the deposit will be retained to defray expenses. If we are unsuccessful then the hirer remains liable for the balance of the hire charge.
- SICKNESS CANCELLATION COVER. Condition 5 places responsibility on the hirer to pay the full hire fee. However if cancellation is due to the sickness or death of a member of the party (as shown on the booking form) prior to commencement of the holiday then all liability over and above the deposit is covered by our sickness cancellation cover. The company should be informed as soon as possible and the application supported by a doctor’s certificate. In view of this we recommend the hirer take out travel insurance.
- PERIOD OF HIRE. The hire vehicle will be ready by 3.00pm on your start day. If you do not intend to arrive before 5.00pm please advise us accordingly. Electric boats must be moored at our hire base on the Friday evening of the hire period to enable full recharging for the next hirer. The hire period ends at 9.30am on the last day of hire and hirers must be back at Castle Narrowboats and clear of the hire vehicle by that time. If you are not clear of the hire vehicle by 9.30am a representative charge will be made (minimum £150).
- DELAYS AND RESTRICTIONS. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the hire vehicle is handed over in good order and on time, but cannot be responsible for any closures, restrictions, breakdowns or other unforeseen reason. In the event of us being, for any cause, unable to make the hire vehicle available in accordance with the booking contract we will return all payments made to us, but cannot be responsible for any consequential or other loss to the hirer. Castle Narrowboats reserve the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a suitable vehicle at no extra cost to the hirer. In the event of a downgrade we will refund the difference in hire. Such substitution shall entitle the customer to a full refund if they decide not to proceed with the hire and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- HANDOVER. The hirer and all passengers undertake to receive instruction from and agree to abide by our procedures as told and shown during the handover. Please allow at least an hour for the handover. We reserve the right to refuse to handover the hire vehicle to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In this event all money paid over and above the deposit will be refunded in full and the hirer shall have no other claim.
- REPOSSESSION. We may repossess the hire vehicle at any time if, in our opinion, the hirer is unsuitable, is not behaving responsibly or if the hire vehicle or any other persons are at risk. In this circumstance the hirer remains liable for the holiday cost and no refund will be made.
- CLEANLINESS. The hire vehicle must be returned in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to observe this will result in an additional charge of £50.
- PETS. Pets are not allowed in our campervan nor on some of our boats. They are welcome on all other boats but on no account are they allowed on seats or bedding, and they must not be left unattended on the boat. A charge of £15 for each pet is made to cover the extra cleaning necessary prior to the arrival of the next hirer. Any damage caused by your pet is not covered under any insurance and a charge will be made.
- EQUIPMENT. The hirer is responsible for the vehicle and equipment and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. The hirer also undertakes to report any equipment damaged, lost or stolen. Please note a charge may be made. All equipment is used at the hirers’ own risk.
- HIRERS VEHICLES. Free parking is provided at the base. Your vehicle and its accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk.
- BICYCLES, CANOES, ETC. Our vehicles are not designed to carry bicycles, surfboards, paddleboards etc. and they are, therefore, not allowed. Canoes can be towed behind boats and should have the appropriate licence and insurance. They are used at your own risk.
- FISHING. A rod licence is required. Under no circumstances is live bait allowed inside the vehicles.
- AGREEMENT. The ‘General Conditions’ apply to all hires made by Castle Narrowboats. The ‘Campervan Conditions’ apply to campervan hires only while the ‘Narrowboat Conditions’ apply only to narrowboat hires. These three conditions of hire constitute the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
- CHANGES. Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Castle Narrowboats and by the customer.
- PROPER LAW. This agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which this agreement was signed.
- DAMAGE WAIVER. A non-refundable damage waiver is included in the hire price. This gives you full cover in the event of accidental damage to the boat, loss or damage to equipment and fittings. We reserve the right to make an additional charge for damage or loss caused deliberately or by negligence.
- INSURANCE. The hire vehicle is covered by insurance for loss or damage to the vehicle, its passengers and third parties. Personal effects of hirers are not included in this policy. Damage to others property, caused by the hirer, is the hirers’ responsibility.
- ACCIDENTS. The hirer must be over the age of 21 and is in charge of the boat and responsible for its safe navigation. No one under the age of 18 years is to steer the boat unless supervised by an adult at all times. In the event of any accident or damage to the boat, other craft or property, it is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain the names and addresses of the owner and hirer of any other boat involved together with those of any witnesses. Do not admit liability or arrange any repairs to the boat. Any such damage must be reported to the hire base as soon as possible.
- NAVlGATION. The hirer must obey our instructions and any instructions issued by the staff of The Canal and River Trust. Speed limits must be observed. It is forbidden to create a wash. The boats are not equipped or insured for cruising after dark, it is therefore strictly forbidden. Cruising times are from 8am until 8pm or dusk whichever comes first.
- PASSENGERS. Only members of the party listed on the booking form are to travel on the boat up to the maximum number of berths. Breach of this condition or the one above titled Navigation will result in curtailment of the holiday.
- GROUP BOOKINGS. The boats are designed for family parties and group bookings will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
- BREAKDOWN. Castle Narrowboats will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery will be the responsibility of the client.
- INSURANCE. The standard excess is £500. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £500. The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. There is a refundable £500.00 Security Deposit payable by credit or debit card arranged on arrival. The amount will not be debited from your account immediately but by leaving the deposit you agree to pay any relevant charges as per this agreement. This is fully refundable on return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out to you, the interior clean including all cooking appliances and the tank full of fuel. Castle Narrowboats reserve the right to increase the security deposit for specific events (e.g. sports fixtures, music festivals, etc.) to £1000.00. The hirer should be aware that the security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures and fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle.
- DRIVERS. Age limits are 25 to 70 years. Drivers must have held a full valid driving license for more than two years. We require two separate original forms of identification. i.e. passport and recent utility bill for each driver. Production of valid standard driver’s license required from all drivers at start of hire. Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire. Maximum of two drivers per rental.
- RETURN. If you will be late returning, we must be advised IMMEDIATELY. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured.
- DELIVERY AND RETURN. The Vehicle will be provided in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist and with a full fuel tank. The vehicle must be returned in a clean condition with a full fuel tank, on the return date and time set out on your booking. No refund nor any replacement vehicle will be provided if the Vehicle is returned or otherwise becomes unavailable prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft.
- RENTAL AND OTHER CHARGES. On return we reserve the right to make additional charges if required. The cost to refill the fuel tank at 25% + VAT above current forecourt prices. The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance. All government fees and duties etc. All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period. Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Castle Narrowboats as a result of any breach by the hirer of the terms of this Agreement. The daily rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs minimum £150.
- DAMAGE. The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party. The insurance excess is £500 which will be due immediately in the event of any claim.
- ROAD RESTRICTIONS. All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads. Castle Narrowboats reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- USE OF THE VEHICLE. During the rental period the Vehicle must be driven in a cautious, prudent and normal manner. Must not be used in a manner which could cause damage. Must not be driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated acceptable to me by Castle Narrowboats. Must not be driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law. Must not be left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
- COSTS. Total charges as set out herein are not final. Any shortfall in charges will be payable to Castle Narrowboats and a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Castle Narrowboats will be repaid. All charges and expenses payable under this Agreement are due on demand by Castle Narrowboats. If any charges remain unpaid when due, a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Castle Narrowboats, including reasonable legal fees will be charged. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
Your information and what we use it for
What we collect
To confirm your booking with us we collect the following information:
- customer and guest names
- contact information, including email address or phone number
- address information, such as postcodes
- any additional requirements you may have and feedback on where you found us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal company record keeping.
- We may use the information to verify any future bookings and any offered discount.
- We may send a single follow up email to ask how your holiday went.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. You may also request that the information we hold about you be destroyed at any time.